The Red House of Malliou family decorates quay on the north side of the city beach. It belongs to the municipality Halkida.
Throughout the house faces II. The corners are built with stone blocks and the whole surface is coated with stone and windows to the entrance is marble and form over gables.
Causing admiration in modern architects for how Constantine Flegga had adapted the rock surrounded on three sides by sea.
Today the Red House has been restored and houses the Hearth Knowledge of Halkida.
The Red House was built in 1884 in Istanbul / in position only Flegga old Ottoman opium den and was bought by the merchant Kingdom Mallios 1890.
The year 1916 King Peter of Serbia with his retinue, for six months he lived there, upstairs, Being in Greece due to seizure of the state by the Germans.
Upon his departure made respectable amount of money in Mallios Kingdom, who donated it to the church of St. Nicholas.
During the Occupation housed here German administration.
Nicholas Mallios, son of Basil, as the last heir left the Red House in Halkida municipality, to a Museum, Cultural Centre and Library.